• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome To The Lab-One Forum. It's Free And Always Well Be So Share Your Stuff And Help Others

Laptop BIOS Password

Laptop repairing Discussion, How To Repair Laptop Motherboard
safiqrimon39

Hello, I have forgotten my HP Notebook Bios password. My Notebook model is HP Folio 9470m intel core i7(3rd gen). I need to reset my Notebook bios password very urgently. but I'm failed. I contact with hp community and got hp will no longer send smc.bin file for reset bios password & also said to repair it from service center but it's too costly and as a student, I can't do this right now for lackings of money. I requested them as a poor student to help me to reset it but they didn't anything for me. now I want to get help from here to reset my bios password completely. please if anyone can help me with this it will very helpful for me. I am waiting for anyone's response. Please.

Alikhan

HP EliteBook Folio 9470m bios bin is used for many purposes. One of the main benefits of installing a bios is that you can repair a dead laptop. If, you have tried every way to make it perfect, but you failed, then you have to just install a new bios on the eeprom ic through a programmer. Or, if the laptop is password protected just reprogram the eeprom ic. After reprogramming the ic, your password will be unlocked.
Attachments
W25Q128_20170104_32458.BIN
HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Bios Bin
(16 MiB) Downloaded 454 times
W25Q128_20170104_32458.BIN
HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Bios Bin
(16 MiB) Downloaded 454 times
P-EliteBook-Folio-9470m-bios-bin-620x330.jpg
Bord
P-EliteBook-Folio-9470m-bios-bin-620x330.jpg (62.33 KiB) Viewed 6779 times
Bord
Bord
P-EliteBook-Folio-9470m-bios-bin-620x330.jpg (62.33 KiB) Viewed 6779 times
sonuprsd.nss

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble resetting your HP Notebook BIOS password. Unfortunately, BIOS password reset can be a tricky process, especially if you don't have access to the SMC.bin file. However, there are a few things you can try:

Clear the CMOS: You can try clearing the CMOS (Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor) by removing the battery from your notebook and disconnecting it from the power source. Then, locate the CMOS battery on your motherboard, remove it, and wait for a few minutes before replacing it. This should reset the BIOS settings, including the password.

Use a backdoor password: Some manufacturers include backdoor passwords in their BIOS firmware that can be used to reset the BIOS password. You can try searching online for backdoor passwords for your HP notebook model.

Use a BIOS password cracker: There are various BIOS password cracker tools available online that can help you reset the BIOS password. However, I must caution you that these tools can be risky to use and may even cause permanent damage to your notebook if not used properly.

Contact HP support again: If all else fails, you may want to contact HP support again and explain your situation. They may be able to offer you a solution or provide you with a discount on repair services.

I hope one of these solutions works for you. However, please note that attempting to reset the BIOS password on your own can be risky, and there is a chance that you may damage your notebook. Therefore, it's essential to take precautions and back up your data regularly.