• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome To The Lab-One Forum. It's Free And Always Well Be So Share Your Stuff And Help Others

Gateway M-Series SA1 laptop no power

Laptop repairing Discussion, How To Repair Laptop Motherboard
GloritoBalista27

Good day everyone! I bought an old Gateway M-series SA1 laptop (2007 model) in the hope of repairing it back to life.

This laptop does not turn on when the power switch is pushed.
SA1_charger.png
SA1_charger.png (191.59 KiB) Viewed 3475 times
SA1_charger.png
SA1_charger.png (191.59 KiB) Viewed 3475 times
It has a 19.5 volt external adaptor (smps of course). I traced this input voltage up to the point of the problem. At the current sense pin (26 and 27) of the MAX8724 battery charger chip it was still 19.5 volts. But after the drain of the mosfet (PQ28 and SUD45P03) it was now oscillating between 2 and 4 volts. I believe this is supposed to be still 19.5 volts as the +PWR_SRC signal. Am I right with my analysis or not? Because the next mosfet in series (PQ37 - FDS6675) is now the output to the BAT+ line which will supposedly produce 13.8 to 14.2 volts to charge the laptop battery.

I have attached the portion of the laptop schematic that corresponds with my problem. Hope to hear form you soon.

Can you please help me on this? Thanks a lot and take care, stay safe and healthy always!